Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NW20

Hey Everyone! 

 I first tried this foundation about 5 years ago when I got my makeup done for the first time in Brown Thomas, Dublin. I bought Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NW20 and this was my first high end foundation. 5 years on and I'm still using it, that has to say something right? 



Packaging

The product comes in a black box and is in a glass bottle. Unfortunately, it does not come with a pump with is inconvenient. The screw on lid can be quite messy and awkward to use. Mac sell a pump for around €5 extra. In my opinion, Mac should sell this foundation with a pump. 


Product Description and application

This product is available from the MAC website or from your nearest MAC counter In Ireland it costs around €31. It contains 30ml of product which is standard for foundations.
 This foundation has a medium to full coverage and is definitely buildable. I apply it with a flat foundation brush for a full coverage look. It applies quite smoothly and is easy to blend into the skin. It sets to a semi matte finish. The staying power is amazing. It would last me the whole day and night. I have oily skin so I would need to apply powder to touch up after 3-4 hours, which is pretty decent! For me, it's not cakey even though it has a medium/full coverage. For someone with dry skin, this may not be the foundation for you, it all depends on the person. 

I have to admit, I am not a fan of the scent of the foundation. But I ignore it and the smell fades as the foundation sets. 


The bottom line...

I love this foundation to wear on a night out/special occasion when I need extra coverage and long lasting power. I don't use this as my everyday foundation because personally, it's too heavy for me. I would highly recommend getting a sample of this foundation in different possible shades that would suit you before you purchase this. 

Pros:
  • Medium/full coverage
  • long lasting
  • smooth finish
  • does't feel too heavy on the skin
  • great for oily skin and normal skin types
  • large shade range
Cons:
  • Expensive 
  • Might not be good for dry skin
  • Unpleasant scent
  • No pump


My Rating: 4/5

Has anyone tried this product before or would like to try it? 
Any questions, I'll be happy to answer them in the comments below! 

Shawna
xoxo


Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock