Friday, 11 October 2013

Batiste XXL Plumping Powder




I think it’s great when a company takes a step further and expands their product range. Batiste has released a new product which is XXL Plumping Powder. I am a huge fan of Batiste Dry Shampoo which can be a saviour when your hair needs a little refreshing! They have a great range out and I think this brand definitely does the best dry shampoo. I particularly like the dry shampoo for brunettes. I first came across this product in Pennys/Primark and I was only dying to try it.

Boots description of this product:

"Batiste XXL Plumping Powder is perfect for creating an instant amplified effect for roots and big styles. A light shake of this weightless powder works in texture and adds maximum volume to give your hair perfect body without back-combing! Hair looks catwalk ready in an instant and will last as long as you do!" 



Packaging 

This product has colourful and eye-catching packaging, typical for all Batiste products. It comes in a little tube with a sifter type opening; this is perfect for sprinkling directly on the roots. You don't get a white cast in the hair from this and there is no scent to it.

Directions

Simply sprinkle a little of the white powder into roots or style (a little goes a long way!) Gently work through with your fingertips and style as desired.

With Batiste XXL Plumping Powder, a small amount really is all you need! I applied too much the first time I tried this product and my hair was sticky and had an unpleasant texture.  So, bare in mind a little is really all you will need from this product to create volume.


My Honest Opinion

This product is great for creating volume and it really works. To be completely honest, I don’t like the sticky feeling in my hair after I used it. That would be the only reason I wouldn’t use it regularly. I feel like I want to wash my hair after I use it. When I run my fingers through my hair, it feels sticky rather than silky and smooth. I would only use it on day old hair when I know that I’ll be washing my hair that night. But that’s just me. It might bother other people. It’s a matter of opinion.
It’s inexpensive at only €4 and it will last ages. Backcombing can be really damaging on your hair so this is a great alternative! 



Pros:
  •  Gives volume and texture
  •  Easy to apply
  •  The product will last a long time
  •  Good packaging
  •  Small and compact for travel
  •  Saves you backcombing your hair


Cons:
  •  Feels sticky 
  •     You can’t brush this out; you have to wash it out.


My Overall Rating


3/5
Just because I really dislike the feeling of it in my hair.

I hope you found this post helpful! Please subscribe!


Shawna xoxo


Add me on snapchat: @shawnasherlock